Friday, September 19, 2008

Sometimes I Make Media References and Nobody Gets it and I Think it's Funny.

Today at work some people were done eating and when I was clearing their table one of them grabbed their chopsticks.  The other person  said, "Why do you still have your chopsticks?"  I said to them, "Chopsticks are pretty cool, especially Chopin's."  They just looked at me.  It reminded of one night last summer, that went a little like this:

My friend had a birthday and her roommate invited a boy over. He was okay until he started talking about how hardcore he is and saying that a bunch of stuff was gay. He named off a bunch of hardcore bands he liked so I started a discussion with him that went like this.
"Do you like Atreyu?" I asked.

atreyu_2005.jpg
He replied, "Yeah, they're way good."
"What about Falkor??"

Falcor.jpg
"Yeah they're pretty good."
"Oh. Do you like Bastian then?"
bastian_and_book.jpg
"I haven't really listened to them but I've heard some of their stuff."
Then I said, "What about the snail guy?"
neverending+1+racing+snail.jpg
He never caught on.
Media is fun.  People are funny.

1 comment:

John said...

Other good band names to be extracted from Die Unendliche Geschichte:
- Koreander
- The Childlike Empress
- Wolfgang and the Petersens